Frequently asked questions

Is it your first visit in our practice?

Then you'll find answers to some common questions here.

Do I need a referral?

Social health insurance patients need a referral for radiologocal or nuclear medicial examination.
For private patients this is not necessary.

What about eating and drinking?
No food after 8 pm the night before:
  • Gastrintestinal passage examinations
No food for 4 hours prior:
  • MRI of the abdomen
  • Ulrasound of the abdomen
Contrast media:

Modern contrast media are very safe, so adverse reactions are rare. However, we advice to avoid eating for 2 hours prior to the examtination.

Scintigraphy of the heart:
  • do not eat or drink for 4 hours prior of the examination
  • do not consume any food or dinks containing caffeine in the 18 hour prior of the examination (no coffee, black tea, red bull etc)
  • do not take beta-blocker medication on the day of the examination. Please ask us if you have questions regarding your medication.
Do I have to bring images or reports?

Please bring any external images or reports regarding the cause of your actual visit.

When / how will my doctor get the results of the examination?

We will send your treating doctor the report of the examination via fax or written letter. Usually the report is sent with a few hours.
You can choose to wait for a printed copy of the report, please tell our staff if you need this service.

What about underaged persons?

Children / underaged persons have to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This is necessary especially for examinations with X-ray dosage.

Location Heidelberg

Grüne Meile 52
D-69115 Heidelberg
+49 (6221) 426 1426

Location Schwetzingen

Bodelschwinghstraße 10
D-68723 Schwetzingen
+49 (6202) 978787